top of page

Adult Basic Education is a learning program to help adults refresh and improve academic skills needed to prepare for college, enroll in career training, help children with homework, prepare for the High School Equivalency (HSE) test, or review content before entering the workforce. Classes are open to all adults, regardless of academic level.



How to Register


Register for our program by clicking the register now button below. 


After you submit your registration, call us at 317-259-5275 to confirm your class choice and schedule an orientation.


After you attend the orientation and complete your testing, you will be given information about your class and start date.

Follow these steps to register for Adult Basic Ed classes with Washington Township Adult Education so you can be one step closer to achieving your goals of getting your high school diploma, developing professional skills, gaining English language proficiency, or even skills for a job placement!

*classes will resume on July 15, 2024

ABE Schedule
Washington Township Services Center (former Northview Middle School) 
84o1 Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis 46240, Door 4

Monday/Wednesday 9:30am - 1:00pm

Tuesday/Thursday 9:30 am-1:00 pm

Monday/Wednesday 5:30 pm-9:00 pm

Tuesday/Thursday 5:30 pm-9:00 pm

Noblesville Educational Services Center 
18025 S River Rd, Noblesville, IN 46062

Wednesday and Friday 9:30 am - 1:00 pm

Noblesville Redeeming Love Church 

1950 Conner St, Suite C, Noblesville, IN 46060

Monday and Wednesday 9:30 am - 1:00 pm

Noblesville Community Center 

1775 Field Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060

Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Tuesday and Thursday 10:00 am-2:00 pm

ABE Locations
Empty Classroom


Adult Basic Education FAQ

How is adult education different from a traditional high school?

Our students do not earn credits or need a transcript to begin classes.  When students can pass all subjects of the High School Equivalency Test, they earn their High School Equivalency Diploma which is considered EQUAL to a general high school diploma.  


Who will accept a High School Equivalency Diploma?

Everyone!  Employers, colleges and universities, and the military all recognize the High School Equivalency Diploma as valid.

Do you have to be 18 to take classes?

Adult education can serve 16 and 17 year olds with a completed exit form.  An exit form is different from a withdrawal form that a high school usually provides.   

Can I take adult basic education classes if I don't want a diploma or career training?

Adult basic education's main purpose is to help those who do not have a US high school diploma earn one, or to help students earn a career certification.  Our funding is tied to outcomes in these two areas so we cannot accept students into our classes unless they are working toward an HSED or a career certification.


bottom of page